|Length of Course||8 hours|
|Certificate||Certificate of Attendance|
When dog aggression occurs, it can be scary and confusing for the owners. While dog aggression is treated by Canine Behaviourists, all professionals in the canine care industry should understand the causes of canine aggression.
This course will provide students with an understanding of the two root causes of canine aggression, the categories of aggression and how to determine when to refer clients to a Canine Behaviourist.
- To provide students with an understanding of the two root causes of canine aggression
- To provide students with an understanding of the categories of canine aggression
- To provides students with a functional understanding of how to prevent normal canine aggression
- To provide students with a functional understanding of when to refer dogs to a Canine Behaviourist
- To introduce students to treatment options for canine aggression
- The Root Causes of Canine Aggression
- Categories of Canine Aggression
- Threats of Aggression vs. Overt Aggression
- History Taking
- Criteria for Referral to a Canine Behaviourist
- Treatment Options
- Practical experience is included