Being a professional in any industry entails continuing education, as such, continuing education is one of the hallmarks of being a professional.
The Institute of Canine Sciences is dedicated to supporting the professionals in the canine care industry. One way in which ICS achieves this support is through the creation and delivery of certificate courses.
ICS certificate courses are specifically designed to deliver a balance of theoretically knowledge and practical skills. The theory component of every course is founded on Learning Theory, which is the branch of psychology regarding changing behaviour, combined with normal canine behaviour.
Each certificate course immerses students in a specific topic, providing a broad view of the issue, with a keen focus on the issue’s impact on our profession and how our clients live with their dogs.
Our certificate courses include:
- Welcome to The Institute of Canine Sciences
- Body Language 101– Dogs Are ESL Students
- Professional Handling Skills 101
- Social Structure – Reality or Outdated Theory
- Drive Theory – A Dinosaur or Reality
- Creating a Balanced Training Program
- Why Dogs Bite
- Defensive Handling – Staying Safe
- Anger Management – Understanding Dog Aggression
- Tracking & Scent Discrimination 101
- Protection Training 101
- Protection Training 201
- Planning for Your Canine Business
- Marketing Your Canine Business