October 25, 2015 in Stouffville, Ontario
8:30 am to 5:00 pm
|Length of Course||8 hours|
|Prerequisite||Why Dogs Bite|
|Certificate||Certificate of Attendance|
As professionals in the canine care industry, we are all committed to the health and safety of the dogs we work with. There will be times in our careers, however, that our safety is put at risk by the very dogs we care for.
Defensive handling starts with recognizing the warning signs of impending aggression, allowing you to handle the dog in manner that prevents an aggressive outburst. Understanding how to use everyday equipment in a defensive fashion prevents injury to you and your staff, and keeps the dog safe.
Defensive handling is a must know for every professional in the dog care industry!
- To provide students with an understanding of early warning signs of stress and potential aggression in dogs
- To provide students with defensive handling skills
- To provide students with an understanding of how to use everyday equipment in a defensive fashion
- The Importance of Solicitation for Attention
- Understanding Social Contact
- Reading the Signs of Stress – Dogs Never Lie
- Understanding Threats of Aggression and Overt Aggression
- Defensive Handling 101
- Use of Equipment in Defensive Handling
- Kenneling Aggressive Dogs
- Practical experience is a focus of this course