|Length of Course||16 hours|
|Certificate||Certificate of Attendance|
Protection training is not about simply getting your dog to bite. Great trainers know that the mindset of the dog is critical to the quality of the bite work.
This course introduces students to the world of protection training. Students will learn to understand the working drives in protection, the difference between training sport dogs versus training dogs for civil work. Students will have the opportunity to handle a working dog and to take a bite, if desired!
- To introduce students to what protection work is, and what protection work is not
- To introduce students to the 3 drives protection dogs work in
- To introduce students to working dog handling skills
- To provide students with an understanding of the difference between training for sport dogs versus training dogs for civil work
- To provide students with an understanding of the social responsibilities of protection training dogs
- Protection Training – To Bite or Not To Bite
- Protection Drives
- Handling Skills for Protection Dogs
- Sport vs. Civil Protection Training
- Protection Training and the Community
- Housing Considerations for Protection Trained Dogs
- Practical experience is included