|Length of Course||16 hours|
|Certificate||Certificate of Attendance|
Canines can smell up to 10,000 times better than humans!
This introductory course to tracking and scent discrimination introduces students to the amazing world of our canines sense of smell. Humans have been using this startling canine ability since we took dogs into our home. Learn how to start scent discrimination training with your dog today.
- To introduce students to the anatomy and physiology of the canine nose
- To introduce students to tracking theory
- To introduce students to scent discrimination theory
- To provide students with an understanding of how to train their dog for tracking
- To provide students with an understanding of how to train their dog for scent discrimination
- Anatomy and Physiology of the Canine Nose
- Tracking Theory
- Scent Discrimination Theory
- Getting Your Dog’s Nose Started
- Practical experience is included